Meet Abe Fridman, DO
Griffin Hospital Director of Bariatrics
As the Director of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery at Griffin Hospital Bariatrics, Dr. Abe Fridman offers a range of surgical weight loss procedures designed to help patients live healthier, happier lives. With extensive training and experience in both bariatric and general surgery, Dr. Fridman performs gastric bypass, gastric banding, and gastric sleeve surgeries at Griffin Hospital Bariatrics.
- Medical School – Cornell University and the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Medical Internship – North Shore University Hospital/Long Island Jewish Medical Center (North Shore-LIJ) in New Hyde Park, New York
- General Surgery Residencies – SUNY Downstate and Lutheran Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York
- Fellowship in Bariatric & Minimally Invasive Surgery – Cleveland Clinic in Florida
- Studied during his Fellowship under renowned Bariatric & General Surgeon, and Editor of the Bariatric Times, Dr. Raul Rosenthal
- Received fellowship training in the following weight-loss surgeries: laparoscopic banding, gastric sleeve, Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, and revisional bariatric surgery
- Trained in laparoscopic fundoplications for the treatment of severe gastroesophageal reflux disease, hiatal hernia repairs, appendectomies, and laparoscopic cholecystectomies.
Achievements & Contributions
- Given the Sampath Kumar Award for being the top surgical resident in his program at Lutheran Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York
- Contributed to articles and studies published in the Bariatric Times
- Participated in video presentations for both the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- Contributed a bariatric surgery chapter for a textbook published by the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeons
- Selected to present an abstract at the annual meeting of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeons
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- American College of Osteopathic Surgeons
- American Osteopathic Association
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
If you would like to learn more about Dr. Abe Fridman and the weight loss surgery procedures he performs, or to schedule a consultation, please contact Griffin Hospital Bariatrics.